7 Steps To a Happier Pet
Compliments of HSUS - 50 Years of Service to Animals
Visit the Humane Society at
- Make sure your pet wears an identification tag to
enable him to be returned to you if lost.
- To prevent animal behavior problems, make sure you
enroll your new puppy or dog into behavioral training classes, and visit
- Animal behavior problems can be health related. Make
sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian (I recommend Alton Vet) at least once a year.
(in the area there are also NorEAST and Companion vet who are also
- Prepare for disasters. Make sure you have a plan for
your pet in the event of a hurricane, fire, flood, etc.
- Don't forget to plan for your pet's future in case
something happens to you.
- Learn how to prevent dog bites, and how to prevent
your dog from biting, by going to
- Have a heart, be smart and make sure your pet is
spayed or neutered. Having your pet "fixed" can prevent future health
and behavior issues, plus it controls the unwanted dog/cat population,
and usually keeps male dogs from straying too far...
remember to get
your pet groomed at least 4 times a year (some breeds require more often) - Winter,
Spring, Summer, and Fall!